Clyde Presentation Packaging is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. You can be assured that any personal information we collect about you will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Clyde Presentation Packaging may change this policy at any time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25th May 2018.
What we collect
We may collect the following information about you:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Mailing address and postcode
- Demographic information such as location, preferences and interests
- Credit card information (see further details below*)
- IP address
When do we collect information?
We may collect information from you when you..
- Visit our site
- Register on our site
- Enter information on our contact us form
- Contact us by phone or email
- Place an order
- Use our online chat facility
- Subscribe to a newsletter
- Respond to a survey
In addition to the above circumstances, we record all phone [and video] calls for training and quality purposes. The data collected on such calls is held in accordance with this policy.
How do we use your information?
Sometimes we don’t store or use your information at all. However, if we do, it will always be for one or more of the following:
- To personalize and improve your experience when using our site, or dealing with us
- To improve our website in order to better serve you.
- To process your transactions
- To send periodic emails regarding your order or other products and services.
- To follow-up after correspondence (live chat, email or phone enquiries)
- To improve our products and services
- We may send marketing communications by email or post, using the contact information you have provided. This would include information about new products, special offers or other information which we think is relevant or interesting to you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, post or text.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
*An external PCI compliant payment gateway handles all CC transactions.
We may collect information from you when you..
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information, and third-party disclosure
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk)
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Data Protection Officer, Clyde Presentation Packaging, 71 Craigton Road, Glasgow, G51 3RB.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible.